The Citizens of Elizabethtown, Ky. will be paying a 2 percent tax on their food when they go out to eat. They have their elected officials to thank for that.
Mayor David Willmoth, Jr., Tim Walker, Marty Fulkerson, Willie Wood, Ron Thomas, Kenny Lewis and Tony Bishop.
E-Mail: [email protected]
Leaders in both political parties remained silent on the issue, their deafening silence reminded me of two bible verses:
Revelation 3:15-16 (King James Version)
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
I feel silence on this issue by elected officials and those with political power was their way to support a tax levied on the Citizens of Elizabethtown, Ky. without saying a word.
The Silent Democrats:
- Joe Prather, the guy that got his ass kicked by Ron Lewis, in 1994, wields immense political power in Hardin County remained silent. It amazes me how a guy that got his ass kicked by a light weight like Ron Lewis can still have political power. Could it be the money?
- Jimmie Lee State Representative for the 25th Legislative District.
- District A Commissioner: Garry King .
- District C Commissioner: Bill Hay.
- District B Commissioner: Bill Brandenburg.
The Silent Republicans:
- Hardin County Judge/Executive Harry L. Berry.
- Elizabeth Tori Senate District 10.
- Tim Moore State Representative District 26.
The above listed politicians and ex politicians had their chance to speak out
against a tax increase and didn't. I therefore feel one could reasonably
concluded they will never be able to say, with
any honesty they are against raising taxes!!!!!!