Dave Adkisson, President Kentucky Chamber of Commerce had a letter published in the Hardin County News Enterprise, click here to see it or read it at the bottom of this post. David Adkisson thanked Brett Guthrie (KY-2) for standing up to the The Employee Free Choice Act and called it dangerous legislation. In his letter he says " Because unions would know who had and had not signed a card, workers would be exposed to unrelenting pressure and coercion. Exposing workers to this harassment may seem unfair, but the goal of this legislation isn’t fairness – it’s getting workers to sign cards and begin paying union dues".
Dave Adkisson seems to indicate he's worried about the American worker when in reality, I feel, he, the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and the United States Chamber of Commerce want cheap labor for those they represent. I understand that, but when Dave Adkisson seems to indicate he's standing up for the American worker I feel he's being deceptive to say the least. It seems to me they Dave Adkisson, the Kentucky Chamber of Commerce and the United States Chamber of Commerce want to instill fear of labor Unions into the hearts of the American worker, when in fact there is know reason to fear them at all. This is the same tired old fear tactic used by the GOP to keep us occupied with fear while their pals on Wall Street were stealing us blind.
So what does the Chamber of Commerce really stand for?
- According to this author they stand for cheap foreign labor.
- They remain the staunchest advocate of the benefits of the NAFTA! Might I ask benefits for for who?
- They gave us 15 reasons to support DR-CAFTA.
- The Kentucky Chamber opposes state and local wage mandates that go beyond
federal requirements. When state or local governments attempt to mandate wage
and benefit thresholds, safety regulations or additional standards that go beyond
what is necessary to provide basic, uniform protections, the added cost
of doing business — and the lack of focus on the real issues that could make a
difference – decreases Kentucky’s overall competitiveness, particularly with our
border and peer states.
- The Kentucky Chamber supports legislation that repeals the employer mandate to withhold union dues from an employee’s salary.
- The Kentucky Chamber is firmly opposed to any local or statewide expansion of public employee collective bargaining. The expansion of public employee collective bargaining can lead to inefficient administration of public duties, increased costs to taxpayers and an increased likelihood of interruptions of essential government services.
- They campaign against Democratic candidates and use excerpts from news papers like the Paducah Sun to promote their view. Click here to see the video they used against Bruce Lunsford, click here to see their union fear tactic ad and click here to see their youtube channel.
I suggest the video below is really what the Chamber of Commerce believes in and the American worker will never be able to work cheap enough or hard enough to suit them.
Read the Dave Adkisson letter to the Editor after the hump.