James Pence Videos
February 17, 2009 Steve Atcher made a motion to rescind the Elizabethtown, Ky. restaurant tax and the following conversation between City Council Member began:
- Marty Fulkerson "May I question Roberts Rules, I think that has to be on the public agenda".
- Ron Thomas: "I think that has to be an agenda item before it can".
- Steve Atcher: "I don't think so".
- Marty Fulkerson: "Well Let's see if you can get a second".
- Steve Atcher: That's fine with me. That will show where everyone stands".
When it became obvious there would be no second to Steve Atcher's motion Ron Thomas said: " Mayor I suggest that the item was not listed as a agenda item. It did not get a second we move on to the next order of business".
The next order of business was a motion made by Kenny Lewis (not on the agenda) to employ Don Hill as Superintendent Of Public Works. This motion received a second and all the sudden, it appeared to, me that a motion not being on the agenda wasn't a problem.
- Voting for the motion: Kenny Lewis, Tim Walker and Marty Fulkerson.
- Voting against the motion: Steve Atcher, Larry Ashlock, and Ron Thomas.
- Mayor David Willmoth, Jr. cast the deciding vote to rehire hire Don Hill .
I have a question for Mayor Willmoth and it is as follows: Would it be too much trouble for someone to update
the city website to include the current members on the Elizabethtown
City Council? Maybe that can be put on the agenda!