August 30, 2007
August 29, 2007 Berea, Kentucky.
Just 15 hours after 250 protesters gathered at Senator Mitch McConnell's house, in Louisville, Kentucky he was greeted by protesters in Berea, Kentucky.
While Senator Mitch McConnell was attending a luncheon at the Historic Boone Tavern, in Berea, Kentucky protesters chanted "Mitch can you hear us we are the people" and "support the troops end the war. The protesters continued chanting until Mitch McConnell's senior staff person came out and had some dialogue with the protesters. When the protesters asked the senior staff person to talk with Mitch, he said that would not be possible!!!!
For those of you that don't live in Kentucky, Berea is a small town right smack dab in the middle of one of the reddest states in the union.
It appears that Mitch can't go anywhere in Kentucky without being greeted by protesters. It's almost like being under house arrest.
The "Take a Stand Campaign" is a nation-wide organizing drive to demand that members of Congress and the Senate take a stand with the vast majority of Americans who want a safe and responsible redeployment of American Forces from Iraq.
Across America, over 100 "Iraq Summer" organizers are working to involve thousands of ordinary Americans in an effort to pressure targeted members of Congress to vote to bring a safe end to the war. This "Take A Stand Campaign" will culminate with "Take A Stand" town meetings to be held on August 28th, immediately before congress reconvenes.
There are lots of ways to get involved -- from attending a Take a Stand town hall in your area to helping organize and spreading the word about the event. To sign up for an event near you, CLICK HERE. For more information about getting involved, contact Cammie Croft at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AAEI Launches “Draft” Television Ad, Denouncing Rep. Fred Upton’s Support of Bush’s Endless War 08/17/2007 | Since Rep. Upton Supports Bush’s Endless War, He Also Supports the Draft Needed to Sustain It
- AAEI Launches “Draft” Television Ad, Denouncing Sen. McConnell’s Support of Bush’s Endless War 08/17/2007 | Since Sen. McConnell Supports Bush’s Endless War, He Also Supports the Draft Needed to Sustain It
- AAEI Launches Television Ad ‘DRAFT’ Denouncing GOP Support of Endless War 08/16/2007 | Ad Hits Senator Mitch McConnell and Representatives English, Upton and Drake for their Support of Bush’s Endless War
- President’s War Czar Announces That Administration is Considering Reinstating the Draft 08/14/2007 | New Mexicans Ask Domenici, Wilson: Since You Support Bush’s Endless War, Do You Also Support the Draft Needed to Sustain It?
- President’s War Czar Announces That Administration is Considering Reinstating the Draft 08/14/2007 | Virginians Ask Warner, Wolf, Davis, Drake: Since You All Support Bush’s Endless War in Iraq, Do You Also Support the Draft Needed to Sustain It?